twitter
rss

Room 16 learners

Room 16 learners
Check us out!

Hit Counter

Here are our exciting weekend recounts. Today we focused on including as many language features as we could into our weekend recount. When we had written about our personal experience we highlighted any examples of adjectives, similes, metaphors, alliteration and onomatopoeia in the work. See if you can spot the language features in these two recounts!

The tram
poline. By Joshua Still

Boing, boing, boing! I was happy like a bumble bee. I felt dizzy. I was on the trampoline. I was super dizzy!

I could
hear birds singing and clanging springs. I looked out and saw a car and a garden that looked like a jungle. I wanted to get off. So I did!

The TV Shoot. By Jade Petry

"Wake up Jade! Wake up!" cried Tyler, jumping up and down. I got dressed and ran downstairs, a whole movie crew was sitting at the table. After I ate we started filming. "Scene five, take one!" I said. Then CLAP! went the clapper and I dashed away out of the camera. "Good job!" said Tyler, flapping her arms like a bird that has gone crazy.

We sneaked over to the living room. We were like mice trying to get cheese. "Cut!" yelled Simon, the director breaking the silence. The sce
ne was finished and my mum asked someone, "So you want a real cup of tea this time?". I laughed and said, "Next scene!"

Tyler, the crew and me marched outside and started the scene. The leaves were little claws on the driveway. The dog barked in one scene and we all giggled at the end. Finally Simon said, "That's enough for one day!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome recounts Jade and Josh, I totally loved them. Can't wait to see some more of your work on your blog !!!!!!!!!

    From Jess RM 17

  1. Nice language features Jade and Josh! From Keita

  1. Well done Jade- that sounded cool! From Pyper

  1. Great recounts Jade and Josh!From Gauri

  1. Well done Josh and Jade!

    Great writing - keep it up!

    Peter Millett
    Author

  1. great recounts josh and jade they sound like you put lots of work into it.

Post a Comment

Penguins

Simon says

Boy Zero 3: Trailer

UHPS Circus fun!!!

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

Times tables fun!