twitter
rss

Room 16 learners

Room 16 learners
Check us out!

Hit Counter

We have been learning to write interesting recounts this term. Here are two super recounts. These people remembered to include similes and adjectives and tried to improve their verbs in their writing. See if you can spot any other language features.

The Cricket game: By Gauri R

There I was far from home in a big, big field. It was my brother's cricket game. The grass was as soft as a feather. My brother was forth in his team in batting. When he was waiting for his turn in batting he practiced his batting. It was not long until it was his turn. My whole family was amazed that everyone was getting out except my brother. The wind whistled as fast as a lion zooming. I tried to make a mini umbrella out of sticks. The game for four hours! I was sad because he lost. There were a lot of people playing cricket.

The Weet bix Triathalon: By
Amber B

There I was waiting for my turn. I was waiting for ages! Finally it was my turn. I swam a swim which was out 5 metres from the shore and 100m metres long. Then I zoomed to my bike. There were so many bikes, it was like a sea of bikes. Finally I found my bike, I was so pleased. So I hopped on my bike and raced to the end of the track, but there was a big hill. I made it! Then I went for the run. I scrambled around two times for the run. I was very tired. Finally I finished the Triathalon and received my medal. I was exhausted, but triumphant!!!

2 comments:

  1. What great recounts! I really liked how you used the verb 'scrambled' Amber. Maddy was writing about the triathlon today and she wanted to think of a good way to describe the big group of bikes - 'a sea of bikes' was perfect!

  1. NICE AMBER.B.By sherise

Post a Comment

Penguins

Simon says

Boy Zero 3: Trailer

UHPS Circus fun!!!

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

Times tables fun!